22 years. 264 months. 8,030 days. 192,720 hours. 11,563,200 minutes. 693, 792,000 seconds. Add all that up and you still couldn’t even come close to the number of ways my life has been blessed. I’m so extremely grateful for every moment that has led up to right here and now. Although this life is solely mine to live, it is not solely mine to own. The thing is, I have felt the enormity of an undeserving, gracious love given to me by Jesus - I have the family, friends, and a life full of memories to prove it. However, it would be a little too selfish if I kept all that goodness to myself. While I cannot physically relive them all with you I made a list (as one does when something grand like a birthday comes along) that was inspired by all the things I’ve learned, experienced, and been blessed with over the years. I hope it finds and/or leaves you well.
1) Work for it. The easy way will get you nowhere. My dad once said, between climbing a mountain and jumping on the spot, both will get you off the ground but only one way will actually keep you up.
2) Be present. There is no other way to live because anything else is not living.
3) Sleep is like a jealous partner, ignore it and your whole life will be affected in ways you never thought possible.
4) Keep your hands busy while you’re waiting on God. Don’t forget He’s waiting on you too.
5) GRACE ABOUNDS - Oh God, how grateful I am to have such a perfect thing and how blessed am I that it is not circumstantial but ever-lasting.
6) Don’t air your dirty laundry but don’t air all your good either. Not every moment needs to be a status, not every situation needs to be instagramed, keep a few for the treasure box of your mind. With that being said, pictures from other people’s social media are no indicator of the value of your social life - you are.
7) Your age should be no teller of the things you ought to be doing. Don’t let expectations cap your greatness or make you feel worthless.
8) Let God go. I mean literally let Him go… and work wonders. Trying to control everything around you will do nothing but consume your own life.
9) You will always have wealth as long as you always remember it’s not limited to dollar bills.
10) Live to the fullness of your years. Not just to 70+ years but to 70+ FULL years.
11) I am beautiful. Everyone is beautiful, and not just in “their own way”. Each person is just plain beautiful. We all need to see that on a daily basis.
12) Always take pride in Jesus.
13) Double check… everything. .
14) Don’t let what you see blind you from what has yet to be seen. Remember, it’s not at first glance but what can be done with at the first chance.
15) Love is not a a simple word or emotion but an action we must CHOOSE to show daily - yes, love to some extent love is a choice.
16) Invest in your future by taking the time to pray now.
17) There is always room for new friends
18) Be a missionary. You don’t have to travel to Guam or Mexico to be one. God can send you to your own university or place of work to go preach the gospel with not only your words but mostly with your actions.
19) Learn to accept gifts, love, compliments, and advice. It not only benefits your life but the giver as well.
20) Being fearless is not a pre-req for any action in life. Fear always likes to rear its unwanted ugly head no matter who you are so you might as well go ahead and do whatever it is you have your heart set on anyway.
21) We cannot change other people, the only thing we can do to them is accept them for who they are.
22) Your actions will outlive you.